Mark had a conference for work in Las Vegas. I wasn't going to go, but my mother so graciously offered to take time off work and fly over to stay with the kids (she's a brave woman). We stayed in a newer hotel called Southpoint. It was very nice and not near as crowded because it was 6 miles South of the Strip. This did have it's drawbacks, however. There wasn't much in walking distance and when we did shuttle down to the strip we waited almost an hour for the return shuttle to come. I thought I would enjoy time to myself, but it was weird - I just wasn't used to it and found myself feeling guilty sitting down reading a book, or turning on the TV. I did get a few overdue projects done, but I didn't bring enough to do. The picture with the view is looking outside our window. It took us a few days to orient ourselves enough and realize we were looking at the strip. We didn't realize right away because the more recognizable motels were hidden behind taller buildings and we were surprised at night that there were not more lights. When you're on the strip all you see is lights.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Southpoint in Las Vegas
Posted by Stacey at 2:12 PM




