Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Homemade gifts

These are the best gifts right here - although Sam is not pictured - it was cute anyway, trying on new Sunglasses.
We were trying to stick with homemade gifts this year, but it didn't quite work out the way we wanted it to. It's hard to hide anything if the only time you have to work on it is limited. Taylor caught a glimpse of a piece of all four of our homemade gifts and since she was already questioning the existence of Santa we had to make a last minute trip to the local Wal-mart to pick up gifts from Santa. Above is the wardrobe we made for their stuffed animals. They had asked Santa for clothes from Build-a-bear, but we all know how expensive those can get. Instead we pulled out all their baby dresses. Unfortunately Taylor saw the box drying in the garage after a paint job. The paint job wasn't that great (Santa quality anyway) Besides, if they ever look in their scrapbooks they'll recognize the dresses.


These are the nightgowns I made, but unfortunately I made both of them at least a size too big. Originally the one Taylor was wearing was meant for Dani (it was the smallest of the pattern I had. Luckily I made that first and made alterations on the other so that it was smaller. Oh well, they'll grow into them. The other two gifts were aprons and Vinyl boards that say "Taylor's works of art", "Dani's works of art" and they have clips to hang their drawings on so that our fridge (or more likely- floor) stays uncluttered. Maybe I'll post pictures later.